More than 32,000 individuals belong to PSIA-AASI (Professional Ski Instructors of America and American Association of Snowboard Instructors), making it the world’s largest organization dedicated to skiing and snowboarding. Simply put: PSIA-AASI gets people stoked on the ski and snowboard experience.
Join us and turn your passion into a profession. Take a lesson from us. Friends don’t let friends teach friends. Let the snow fly!
Founded in 1961, PSIA-AASI:
- Establishes certification standards for instructors and develops education materials to help members reach their certification goals.
- Inspires lifelong passion for the mountain experience.
- Provides members with innovative and practical resources.
- PSIA-AASI’s national office is located in Lakewood, Colorado, with divisions across the country.
PSIA-AASI supports its members, as a part of the ski and snowboard industry, to:
- Develop personally and professionally
- Create positive learning experiences
- Have more fun
- PSIA-AASI members are passionate about skiing, snowboarding and teaching others. They are experts in ski and snowboard instruction and provide positive experiences to help grow and promote winter sports and turn their customers into lifelong winter sports enthusiasts.
- Members certified by PSIA-AASI make skiing and snowboarding more enjoyable by providing professional instruction to the public . Whether for first-timers or life-long enthusiasts, professional instruction simply makes the mountain experience safer and more fun.
- PSIA-AASI members undergo rigorous training and curriculum and also provide the best experience to their customers to help them develop their skills.
- Taking a lesson from a PSIA-AASI member is the best possible way for all levels of skiers and snowboarders to improve their technique, have fun on the slopes and learn how to become a better skier or snowboarder.
PSIA-AASI Member Schools
PSIA-AASI has nearly 300 ski, snowboard, and adaptive member schools that are critical stakeholders in the association. Member schools provide feedback that helps guide the content that PSIA-AASI develops. They are a critical link to instructors, as well as the students they teach.
Become a PSIA-AASI Member School today.